Academic Social Science & Public Service Tech
Show All Academic Social Science & Public Service Tech Announcements
GIS Day 2013
Visit the Academic Social Science & Public Service Tech home page
Date: Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Time: 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Description: Itís a day to learn about the incredible uses for GIS, its benefits to our world, and the Geospatial Technology program here at Lakeland.
- View exhibits and demos from area agencies and business professionals who use GIS (A-2100)
- Geocaching 101 Ė Steps to start (A-2100)
- Visit the geospatial technology lab (C -2063)
- Make your own GIS map (C-2063)
- Learn how to pursue a degree or certificate in geospatial technology at Lakeland
And FREE FOOD!
Thank you to our exhibitors!
Ashtabula County Auditor - Ashtech - Chagrin Valley Engineering - CT Consultants
ESRI - Global Insights - Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District -
Ohio Department of Natural Resources - Lake County GIS Department -
Lake MetroParks - Lake County Planning Department
Lake County Soil and Water - Ohio Department of Transportation
Lake County Geocachers - GUONO (GIS Users of Northern Ohio)
A special thank you to the Fenn Educational Fund and the Dominion Foundation for making this event possible.
Find out more about one of Lakelandís newest, cutting-edge program!
Geography and Geospatial Technology
Contact: Professor Mark Guizlo